30 - 40 minutes | Serves - 6 - 8 people
This recipe is brought to you by Made in Hackney.
The best tabbouleh’s are the ones where you spend a little bit more time and chop up fine, fine, fine.
• 2 cups parsley (1-2 bunches)
• 1 cup coriander (1 small bunch)
• 2 tablespoons mint (10-15 leaves)
• 1 cup bulgur wheat (or any other whole grain-if boiled already use 1.5 cups)
• 1 cup finely chopped tomatoes
• 1 large onion (I like using red)
• 1 cucumber
• 1 avocado (optional)
• 2-3 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
• 2-3 tablespoons good quality olive oil
• Salt to taste
• Prepare the grain you are using according to instruction on packaging. Unless already in your fridge.
• Chop up all the vegetables very fine and in the same kind of size. Spend time here as it will pay off when you are eating the finished salad.
• Carefully by hand mix the vegetables with the boiled grains.
• Add the lemon juice and olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
• Serve and enjoy!