No Waste Crackers
30 - 40 mins | Serves - 4 people
This recipe is brought to you by Made in Hackney.
An excellent way to use up stale bread. Delicious served with cheese or hummus.
• Any old bread you might have (make sure it is not mouldy)
• 4 tablespoons of olive oil or any other oil you might have
• 1-2 garlic cloves
• Bunch of Greens or herbs like coriander, parsley, mint etc.
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Blend the herbs and oil and season with salt and pepper. If no blender then chop up very small and mix with the oil.
• Put the oven on 190˚C (fan assisted).
• Cut up the stale bread and stroke the herb oil onto the crackers. Let them soak in the oil for a while if the bread is hard.
• Add into oven and bake for 10-15 minutes. Check regularly and decide to take out when it suits you, or when they are nice looking/tasting etc.