30 - 40 minutes | Serves - 6 - 8 people
This recipe is brought to you by Made in Hackney.
These falafels are full of protein and fibre to mention just two of their important nutrients.
• 400g dry chickpeas soaked and washed or 2 cans
• 1 small yellow onion finely chopped
• Small bunch parsley
• 2 tablespoons chickpea (gram) flour
• ½ cup of pistachio nuts processed small (optional)
• 1-2 minced garlic
• 2 teaspoons cumin
• ½ teaspoons ground coriander
• ¼ pepper
• ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
• Pinch cardamom
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (optional to roll the falafels in)
• Put all ingredients in a food processor and mix until a smooth consistency. If you don’t have any appliances then chop everything into tiny pieces.
• Season with salt, pepper and other spices.
• Roll into falafel balls. You may have to add some liquid to this base.
• The best way to cook is by using a frying pan but they can also be cooked in the oven as well at 200˚C. Bake for 15-20 minutes turning half way.