This spring the London Borough of Hounslow is launching the Small Change, Big Difference campaign to help residents make small food changes to lead better, healthier and more sustainable lives. Our three key aims are to:
Promote healthy and sustainable eating
Reduce food waste
Increase food recycling
Our campaign has kicked off and runs until the end of March. Please keep an eye out for our posters displayed across the borough and follow our social media channels where we’ll be sharing more information on the event and roadshows we will be carrying out, as well as tips and small changes YOU can make!
Did you know?
- If everyone in Hounslow recycled one banana skin today, we could make enough energy to charge 518,000 phones?
- If everyone in Hounslow went meat free one day a week, we could reduce greenhouse gases by more than 13,000 tonnes a year?
- If everyone in Hounslow froze their bread to make toast, we could save 80,000 slices from the bin every day?
- A caddy load of food waste could generate enough energy to power a fridge for 18 hours?
When it comes to eating healthily, reducing the amount of food we waste and recycling what is left over it only takes a small change to make a big difference!
Come and join us….
Food for Thought event
Saturday 30th March 2019
Turnham Green, 388 Chiswick High Rd, Chiswick, London W4 5T
-Food and educational stalls
-Talks/cooking demonstration from a local chef on food sustainability and recipe ideas
-Make your own smoothie on our smoothie bike
-Giveaways – free tote bags, tip cards and stickers for your food caddy
Make sure you’re following us on social media for further information and updates about our main event!
Also look out for our roadshows across the borough!
We’ll be offering advice about our three key messages and handing out our giveaway items including area-specific tote bags, caddies, liners and stickers to give your caddy some extra personality!
We’ll be at:
- Tesco Superstore, 98 High Street, Feltham TW13 4EX on
25th February 2019 and 13th March between 11am – 4pm.
- Outside Waitrose in Chiswick, 356-362 Chiswick High Rd, Chiswick, W4 5T on
15th March 2019 and 21st March between 11am – 4pm.
- Morrison’s Brentford, 228 – 246 High Street, Brentford, TW8 OAB on
Thursday 7 March and Tuesday 12 March between 11am – 4pm.
- Outside Co-op in Isleworth – 33 South Street, Isleworth, TW7 7AL on
Tuesday 5 March and Monday 18 March between 11am – 2pm.
We’re awaiting confirmation from other sites across the borough, so watch this space!