Make sure to keep your pumpkin seeds when pumpkin carving for this yummy recipe.
Pumpkin seeds from one pumpkin
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp smoked paprika
Freshly ground black pepper, optional
• Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan)/200°/gas mark 6.
• Place the seeds in a colander. Rinse well and pick off as much pumpkin flesh as you can.
• Drain and tip out onto kitchen towel or a clean tea towel. Your seeds will be much crispier if you get them as dry as possible.
• Tip into a roasting dish and add the oil, smoked paprika and black pepper.
• Mix well and roast for 20-25 minutes, stirring two or three times.
• Allow to cool and then store in an airtight container.